RAMZY REVIEWS: "Resident Evil: The Final Chapter"


Picking up immediately after the events in Resident Evil: Retribution, Alice (Milla Jovovich) is the only survivor of what was meant to be humanity's final stand against the undead. Now, she must return to where the nightmare began - The Hive in Raccoon City, where the Umbrella Corporation is gathering its forces for a final strike against the only remaining survivors of the apocalypse.


So first off...If you've seen the previous movie, "Resident Evil: Retribution" which was released all the way back in 2012, you can still probably remember the ending to that movie. Which seemed really, really dire for our main characters. Then it suddenly ends. And you're left there basically wondering just what the hell is gonna happen next and how are they gonna overcome all of that? Well guess what, you're gonna have to wait for the next, and final movie to find out! And here we are! So after four or so years of thinking how that predicament is gonna play out...this film just blatantly skips that whole night. That's how it begins. Everything is already over. You don't know who made it and who didn't. What a fucking cop-out. And what a terrible way to start off the movie which was set to give an answer to that situation. But I digress.


The movie goes about and reveals that surprise, our lead heroine, Alice survived and starts off fighting some leftover monsters from the previous night. And the entire clusterfuck of a film begins. And we are greeted with an already incomprehensible action sequence that just makes you want to shoot projectile vomit up to ten rows ahead of you five minutes in, because of how utterly manic and chaotic it is. And boy is this movie ripe with those. I am actually writing this review on my phone as the film is playing in front of me cause I just cannot stand to look at the screen because I legitimately might vomit. it's now been thirty or so minutes in and I'm already starting to have a headache, and seriously feeling nauseous. Talk about a movie that might actually produce something out of its viewer. 

Even during a one on one, hand-to-hand combat, it still plays out like as if a crack-addict who just had twenty shots of espresso shot and edited it. It honestly looks like they had this minute-long fight scene planned and choreographed, but shot it with fifty different cameras from angles all over the place and zoom-ins and just proceeded to cut to each shot every two seconds or so. It also happened to be really, really dark during the majority of the film, which made a lot of scenes all the more incoherent. To say that this movie was shot with no focus in mind would be an understatement of criminal proportions. 

Then we have the story, which is just some lousy ideas with nothing really interesting about them. We already had a lot of these in the games decades ago. Nothing really to absurd to point out. But most certainly nothing to write home about. And finally, we have the characters! Which...same as about every single aspect of this movie, happen to be pretty fucking shitty. No one is really given enough characterization to make you care or much less know them, aside from Alice, I guess, but do note that we've been with her for six freaking movies already. You barely even get to know the names of those people unless you pay attention really hard. They might as well be just cardboard cut-outs moving around, waiting for the next monster or big explosion to come around so they could be killed off.


Now you might be asking why I didn't just walk out of the theater if it was that bad? Well see, it's like smelling your own farts, you know it's gonna be horrible, but for god knows what reason, you still do it. And also, simply because after all this time, I just wanted to know how it was gonna end. I like conclusion toward things I've started, alright? And it just felt right to finally shut the doors on this franchise no matter how terrible it got. So yeah, that's it for this review. As some last words to close this off, I'd like to say that the only thing you're gonna get out of this movie is a headache, nausea, and a slightly entertaining time watching a shlockfest disguised as a finale to a franchise that has overstayed its welcome...if it every had that to begin with. 

I hope you enjoyed reading along, or enjoyed watching the video above if you chose to digest the review in that manner. Tune in to more in the future. See ya.


 Personal rating: 3/10

You may also digest this review in video form if you wish to!


Check out my social-network accounts for more cool stuff!
            


Share:

15 comments

  1. Awww :( 4/10 Guess I'm not watching it at the cinema!
    - GoodFoodTrip

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hhahahah this movie series only continues to disappoint.
    You'd think they were done with their past mistakes, they just had to do it one more time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I heard different reviews from other viewers. Seems like they just enjoyed the effects, explosions and all. Guess everybody got different opinions ey!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This movie series doesnt give me much goosebumps but I guess I should pay this a day. Hopefully at the end of this month :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ok I'm not gonna bother watching it. Haha. Also because I haven't even started watching the first movie so I don't really know what it's all about. But it sounds like you had a terrible experience..I guess some movie series never really end well. Too bad, tsk.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I share the same sentiments. After 2004's Apocalypse, everything was just downhill for this franchise. Still, I continued watching since I am a huge fan of the zombie genre. But this latest outing is just unforgivable. It's messy, disorganized, and muddled. There's just too much going on that it's hard to keep up with what's happening. Plus, SM City Cebu's obsolete cinema (except the IMAX) did nothing to alleviate the numbing experience, especially since the film is set in the dark most of the time. They could've adjusted the brightness instead of leaving the audience staring at a black screen. Bati na gani ang salida, bati pa jud ang experience. Maybe it would've been a wee bit better if this was watched in a different movie theater.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Di nako ganahan mu watch ani bahalag libre pa sa Philamlife Vitality app! Ugh!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good thing I didn't use my free movie tickets on this turd. I instead used it on the movie you reviewed next! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Never watched this movie since then. There was an urge to somehow make me watch but forget it. Won't bother watching it anymore. Lol. Thanks for this post btw. Change plans. Haha

    ReplyDelete
  10. I did not even enjoy the movie before this one. Hahaha! I like the fart analogy. I can smell it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. because of you, i did not bother to even check if the film is still showing. You are not the only guy who hated it. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I honestly never watched the previous movies thus I could not really relate to it. The effects from the video and photos look darkly great but the plot did take most of the damage.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the other Resident Evils! In fact, we do have a DVD collection at home. It is just so sad that the final installment wasn't as good as it predecessors. :(

    ReplyDelete
  14. OMG. I know I said I hate action movies (also because poor eyesight) but I totally love this series (love action movies with female protagonists) and was shocked that this one didn't have great reviews. Then again, still a subjective thing, IMO. I might just give this one a try.

    ReplyDelete