10 MOVIES I'M LOOKING FORWARD TO THIS 2017


As the new year begins, then comes new things to look forward to! One big thing for me are movies! so for this post, I will be listing down the top ten films I am most looking forward to seeing this 2017! With most of these still pretty far from being released, it's a bit of a challenge getting several of the posters as they either do not exist yet. Other than that, I am aware of the chance that some of these will end up being disappointments but we shall cross that bridge when we get to it. For now, all that I'm feeling for these are cautious excitement. Well, for the ones last on the list at least, with the top ones I'm pretty confident to almost be guaranteed home runs. So to kick things off, let's start with...

10. Alien: Covenant
Image result for alien covenant poster

"Prometheus" was quite a letdown after unfortunately getting into the mysterious and pretty intriguing hype-train that it started. But after finding out the post-production kerfuffles that it suffered through and how much better it would've been had it not been tampered with too much, I really do feel bad for director Ridley Scott. Which is why I will still be giving this one a shot but this time around, I know to be even more careful about setting up my expectations. The cast looks pretty great with Fassbender, Waterston and even Danny McBride in there, and the trailer looks pretty alright. So yeah, I think with a movie from a franchise as iconic as the "Alien" movies are, I would say it's reasonable to put this at number ten.

9. Kong: Skull Island

Now this has a cast that really got me excited with Goodman, Jackson, Larson and Hiddleston being in the movie. Not to mention, the monsters and the colossal fights that are surely about to commence during the film. I hope it turns out good and that it lays some interesting groundwork for Kong vs Godzilla. Looking forward to that one as well!

8. Lego Batman
Image result for lego batman poster

Will Arnett as Lego Batman is just so perfect. Like honestly. Even in his role in "The Lego Movie", you can tell how fun a full movie with just that character alone would be. And we're about to have it! With Michael Cera as Robin out of all people! As a huge, huge fan of "Arrested Development", I can't even begin to describe how perfect that just is. Hahaha. But yeah, the trailer looks tons of fun, and I'd assume the movie should be even more so!

7. Spiderman Homecoming

So we already got a decent look of Tom Holland's new portrayal of the web-slinging superhero and spoilers: the dude is pretty fucking awesome. He definitely has the witty, charming and funny thing that Spider-Man has going on in the comics and I thoroughly enjoyed his time on the screen during those scenes from "Civil War". And the first trailer that was released a while back actually looked pretty good! I think it is bound to be solid at the very least, so we'll see how Marvel handles the first Spidey movie under their belt!

6.  John Wick 2

"John Wick" was probably one of the best action movies in recent memory. Just Keanu Reaves being the hugest badass and just mowing through everyone getting in the way of his path. Just some tight, and ridiculously fun action, no bullshit. And with the sequel looking to be as good, if not, better than the first one, you can definitely color me excited for this. Cannot wait to watch it.


5. Guardians of the Galaxy Volume 2

Should be a hell of a good time. The first "Guardians of the Galaxy" was just so good, and with the trailer I've seen at least, it seems like this is going to be a great sequel. I feel like it will give us what we all want out of it, plus a bunch of other stuff we never even knew we wanted! Also can't wait for the next soundtrack! The first movie's soundtrack was probably the only one I've listened to extensively as far as I can remember.

4. Untitled Paul Thomas Anderson Fashion Project with Daniel Day Lewis
Image result for Untitled Paul Thomas Anderson Fashion Project with Daniel Day Lewis

Paul Thomas Anderson's enigmatic directing, plus Daniel Day Lewis' utterly captivating and dedicated performances is guaranteed to be a fantastic movie at this point and is for sure bound to at least be nominated for a lot of awards, and most probably rake awards There's not even any update as to what the plot is going to be, just that it is described as a drama in the fashion world of London in the 1950s. Most definitely something to look forward to.

3. Dunkirk

A Christopher Nolan film is always something to look forward to. And with it being shot in IMAX, the film is bound to look spectacular at the very least. The World War II setting partnered with Nolan's great characterisation, plotting and development. "Dunkirk" is for sure, going to be a stunning film.

2. Star Wars Episode VIII
Image result

Do I even need to explain this one?

1. Blade Runner 2049

Okay, for this one, I'm gonna have to state a few things in case you're not already familiar with this movie, in terms of its leads Ryan Gosling and Harrison Ford, and more importantly, its director Denis Villenueve who is on such a hot streak right now with movies such as "Enemy", "Prisoners", "Sicario" and more recently, "Arrival" which I still haven't seen because it is still yet to come out here dammit! But yeah, the guy just knows, knows how to make a goddamned good movie. So yeah, I would say I am very confident that this is going to be a fantastic film. The original "Blade Runner" being one of my favorite films of all time, let's see what Villenueve and the cast comes up with. But I really do feel pretty confident that this is going to be one fantastic movie.

And that about wraps up this post!
What about you? What movies are you looking forward to watching this year?


Check out my social-network accounts for more cool stuff!
            

Share:

3 comments

  1. John Wick 2. Wa gihapon ko ka move on sa namatay nga iro. Haha

    Wohoo, so many movies to look forward this year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. Super Heroes, Remakes, and Series Continuations. Interesting list.

    ReplyDelete
  3. NO ORIGINAL MOVIES?!?! What is this nightmare? I'm tired of mostly seeing sequels, reboots, prequels, remakes, etc. MORE ORIGINAL MOVIES LIKE THE NICE GUYS!

    ReplyDelete