WHY YOU SHOULD BE WATCHING "WESTWORLD" NOW


Do you ever wonder how it was like for the fans of Game of Thrones during the first season? This show is pretty much that. Sooner or later, it's gonna blow up and everyone and their grandmothers are gonna be watching and talking about it. And for the meantime, everyone watching it early on will just keep raving about it.

I’ve been watching HBO’s Westworld since its second week, around a month or so ago. The show really intrigued me from the get-go, and considered it a must-watch since the first episode alone. All the plot threads start coming together pretty early on, and just makes its viewer realize what an intelligent and ambitious piece of television it really is and will be as it goes on. 


The whole notion of Westworld is a bit like a robotic Renaissance fair featuring a whole lot of vicious, violent acts on the side. The idea is that one can indulge their wildest western-themed fantasies, with no consequence to the outside world. You enter the park, cosplay as a cowboy, and go explore. The entire area is inhabited by “hosts”, artificially intelligent androids, each trapped in their own stereotypical western narrative, an endless behavioral loop that the guests can take part in, or interrupt by shooting them in the head, if they so desire.


Westworld’s roots pull from classic sci-fi which is quite familiar, but the unique scenario plays out like a modern-day video game. Pick a quest to follow, form relationships with non-player characters, shoot a man in the back just to see what happens. There are few leading characters which represent different types of archetypes. From the first-time, almost naive character, to the mysterious, conniving, and ruthless veteran, which totally gives the show quite a well-rounded arsenal so-to-speak.

We know very little about the futuristic world beyond the park, which makes things all the more intriguing. I could go on about all of the crazy fan-theories that have been floating around ever since the show started, but that would be going into spoiler territory and would probably ruin it for people who haven't seen the show. 

Image result for westworld

To wrap it all up, the best comparison I could muster really is Game of Thrones. I managed to catch it early on, just right after season one ended, and at that time, the fan-base wasn't really as ginormous as it is now. Only a handful of my friends even knew about it, much less were watching it, but right around season three, it pretty much started spreading like wildfire and as quick as you can say "Valar Morgulis", everyone were huge fans of it. And I am really being reminded of that early time with this show right about now. It is always so much fun being part of the community gathering around every week after the newest episode comes out and coming up with the most ridiculous theories and dissecting as much of the show as possible. Replaying scenes again and again, just to analyze each frame for analysis. Borderline-insane stuff. Yet, I love doing it everytime.

With Westworld, the quality is definitely there. 
It is beyond good. 
It is fantastic. 
Go watch it as soon as you possibly can.

Check out my social-network accounts for more cool stuff!
            

Share:

13 comments

  1. I really wanted to watch GOT because everyone was raving about it, especially if a new episode just aired. I'm just not ready to watch all the past season because huhu busy. So I think I might just watch this instead because it is relatively new. Thanks Ramzy. 😊

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll go check this out and see for myself. I don't watch GoT though so I'm not sure what to expect. This reminds me, I have so much to watch. Haven't even started Stranger Things yet. Sheeshhh..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Will definitely watch this next. 😊 I still have a lot of movies to finish in Netflix so chill lng sa ko sa pag watch ug bag-o kay wa unya koi mahuman nga mga blog posts lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am too lazy to watch GOT since it already has many season. Hahah! I prefer superhero-themed series like The flash and legends of tomorrow. Hahaha! Well, robotics, MMORPG-like show, why not?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I tried to watch the first episode of GOT Season 1 but it made me sleepy, to be honest. I hope that Westworld doesn't give me the same effect. :(

    ReplyDelete
  6. This reminded me of HunterXHunter during that time Gon played in an island while trying to find answers to his father's whereabouts. Although it's completely not similar but still reminds me of that particular arc in HxH. hahaha.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Will watch this if bandwagon na and/or nagtan-aw na si crush. Hahahahha. Such useless comment from me. :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Haven't watch the movie yet. Iv'e heard a lot of critics about this movie because it's too brutal which I don't like as well. But it seems the movie has an eye-opener visual effects :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well, I'm watching Westworld already and I won't comment much here. I am a fan of sci-fi shows too, and this also intrigued me big time that is why I watched it. At first, I was skeptical about it but when I got to learn the plot and kind of catch up the story as it progresses I was hooked a little bit. But still my first must watch show were The flash, legends of tomorrow, arrow, lucifer, the strain and this new addition the WestWorld!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Films like this are not my type but basing from the picture, there is a resemblance of Wild Wild West. Hehe. It's my first time to hear this though.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Interesting. Although these types of films are not really the genre that I like, I think my partner and dad will love it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. First few minutes of the first episode palang gane ani kay grabe na. Grabe jud sya. Haha! Ambi na lage ang the rest sa episodes baaaaa

    ReplyDelete
  13. I always wanted to watch this but I still have lots of backlogs in blogging. Will definitely check it out soon.

    ReplyDelete