RAMZY REVIEWS: "Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them"


The year is 1926 and Newt Scamander has just completed a global excursion to find and document an extraordinary array of magical creatures. Arriving in New York for a brief stopover, he might have come and gone without incident...were it not for a No-Maj (American for Muggle) named Jacob, a misplaced magical case, and the escape of some of Newt's fantastic beasts, which could spell trouble for both the wizarding and No-Maj worlds.


You know what? Right about now I'm just really, really happy to be watching something from the Harry Potter universe again. It has been what, five or six years since "Deathly Hallows Part 2"? I just remember sitting in the cinema and clapping with my fellow viewers as the credits roll and actually tearing up a little bit. It's really silly, I know, but that's just how it is, you know what I mean? So yeah, it's just great to have an extension to the universe and actually have it be decent. 


I will be making some points against the movie, but I want to point out in advance that I really did enjoyed this movie. It started off a little on the slow side and didn't really go anywhere until around halfway, but in the end, I still found myself having enjoyed the movie and I'd say that's quite important. The performances from the cast were all great, especially from Kowalski (Dan Fogler) and  Tina (Katherine Waterston). Newt (Eddie Redmayne) was a bit boring and didn't really seem to have much substance in his character, but Redmayne was still good. A lot of great world building and scenes of magic. I enjoyed the contrast of the culture and law between the American wizarding world and the British one. A lot of fun action scenes, but as a whole, the plot felt like two different stories that didn't really connect together well. A lot of the CGI was also kind of bad to be honest, especially for the creatures. Looking back at it now, some of the previous Harry Potter movies  might have had better CGI, which is really odd. And after, when the whole film was over, it felt like nothing really happened and it wasn't clear what story they were trying to tell. Again, it just felt a bit disjointed as a whole. However, it was nice returning to the world and was sufficiently entertained. A fantastic addition to the Wizarding World overall!


 Personal rating: 7.5/10

Check out my social-network accounts for more cool stuff!
            

Share:

10 comments

  1. I'm watching this over the weekend. Missed the Harry Potter universe. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Quite intriguing! Not really sure what to expect from this movie but looks like something to watch out for. A lot of my friends have already been asking if I've watched it and the usual that I am of course haven't watched yet, haha! And that's because I always watch when the hype has died down.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoyed watching Fantastic Beasts, too. I wasn't expecting that much of this movie, but surprisingly it came out really good. I heard there will be 4 more installments? I'm excited!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a good movie and I might not fell into a deep slumber if I'm going to watch this. I'll surely watch this if I get the chance. A well written review again.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have watched this movie and I really enjoyed it! It felt weird being back in the wizarding world after 5-6 years without it but I'm glad it's back! I just hope the succeeding movies won't bog down this franchise.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would rate the movie to 8/10.. I like love the movie and I agree with your points..

    ReplyDelete
  7. I watched this in 3D and the creatures are greatly created. They're like true to life. Cute and funny haha! The visual effects are awesome too. However, the plot for me is not that good. Doctor Strange is better I think.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I actually just enjoyed the flick. It was a bit shallow but it was entertaining enough although there were some dragging and some non-Potter fans could fall asleep.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. watched it in Imax. Nice visuals but the story line is not that fantastic! the beasts were. :)

      Delete