RAMZY REVIEWS: "Don't Breathe"


Rocky, a young woman wanting to start a better life for her and her sister, agrees to take part in the robbery of a house owned by a wealthy blind man with her boyfriend Money and their friend Alex. But when the blind man turns out to be a more ruthless adversary than he seems, the group must find a way to escape his home before they become his newest victims.

Image result for don't breathe

The movie is one of those fresh, semi-inventive indie titles that seem to come by every once in a while that brings about fresh things to the table, regardless of budget constraints. All the while, still keeping close to the simplicity and nuances of the classics. It feels familiar, yet still catch you off guard and surprises you. It might get called predictable during some key sequences, but does that make it any less fun? Absolutely not. As a matter of fact, I was so on the edge during most of the film that at times, I was tempted to turn it off for a bit to take a quick break as the movie was getting seriously stressful to watch.

Related image

Overall, I would definitely recommend watching it if you're looking for some of that quick, and definitely good horror/thriller feels. This movie definitely delivers on those aspects more than enough.
 Personal rating: 8.5/10


Check out my social-network accounts for more cool stuff!
            

Share:

9 comments

  1. I have copy of this movie, but no plans on watching it yet because talawan ang atabs. Haha. Watched the trailer though, and yes, I think it's really stressful to watch. Lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. From the picture itself, I don't think I'd want to watch this (especially since there's something going on in my mind right now hahaha). It does remind me of the Girl on the Train. Interesting -- but perhaps when I have a more stable, happier mindset. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like this movie, I have just watched it 2 days ago and I must say, it is really a good movie. Eventually while watching some scene made me "I can't breathe".

    ReplyDelete
  4. So intriguing and the storyline is something I haven't heard of before. But mahadlok sad ko muwatch ani. I'll probably cover my eyes for half or more than half of the time. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't heard this movie but with your review and rating.. hmm.. plus horror/thrill.. let me download it.. :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tagae kog copy ani bi hahaha. Intriguing when you said you wanted to have a break at some parts. haaha. This seem to be a awesome suspense movie. I hope I can watch it. I love this kind of movies!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really love it that horror can really go toe to toe with those big blockbusters in terms of general quality without the huge budget! I'm hoping more studios do more of these instead of those crappy prequel/sequel/reboot stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was really annoyed that I missed this movie. I like its premise and I think the box-office rewarded them well.

    ReplyDelete
  9. woah! Now you're adding another movie on my list to watch. Too many movies, almost no time to watch :(
    But Thanks for this review, this blog site is like my guide now on movies, tv series, etc.

    ReplyDelete