RAMZY REVIEWS: "Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children"


miss peregrine's home for peculiar children full movie, miss peregrine's home for peculiar children movie, miss peregrine's home for peculiar children cast, miss peregrine's home for peculiar children pdf, miss peregrine's home for peculiar children book, miss peregrine's home for peculiar children watch, miss peregrine's home for peculiar children hd, miss peregrine's home for peculiar children review

When Jacob discovers clues to a mystery that spans different worlds and times, he finds a magical place known as Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children. But the mystery and danger deepen as he gets to know the residents and learns about their special powers... and their powerful enemies. Ultimately, Jacob discovers that only his own special "peculiarity" can save his new friends.

The movie is filled to the brim with a whole lot of madness including invisible monsters that eat eyeballs, shenanigans with time-travel loops, and of course, the peculiar children with special powers. It’s pretty crazy, and precisely the kind of crazy Tim Burton excels and is kind of known for, only this time, a little less gothic, and more of just plain old wacky. For the most part a least, as the movie goes on, exploring the numerous odd facets of its world, it is quite enjoyable. But then it kind of wavers as it tries to moves along and deliver its story. The movie does have its fair share of issues going on. For one, one of the supposed leads, Jacob, played by Asa Butterfield is just very wooden. I've even somewhere that his peculiarity should've been that he was a robot, because that's how his performance made him seem like. Also, the villains seemed to get less and less impressive as the movie went on. The pacing also kinda feels iffy in some places which make some of the turning points or arcs feel a little underwhelming.

miss peregrine's home for peculiar children full movie, miss peregrine's home for peculiar children movie, miss peregrine's home for peculiar children cast, miss peregrine's home for peculiar children pdf, miss peregrine's home for peculiar children book, miss peregrine's home for peculiar children watch, miss peregrine's home for peculiar children hd, miss peregrine's home for peculiar children review

But regardless, the movie still has quite a few things to offer its viewers that save the watching experience well enough. The mishmash of weird stuff going on manages to fit in with each other pretty well actually. Another highlight of the movie is Eva Green as Miss Peregrine who has such a command on every scene that she is in in that it feels very much like she holds together all of the craziness in such elegance and authority. 

With regards to its overall story, Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children is pretty much at the level of most Young-Adult novels and the majority of their movie adaptions. There are a lot of the same formula and story beats going on, which doesn't really mean it's bad. There's just nothing too new. The universe that it is set in though, is quite endearing and interesting I find, which totally adds in to the fun and the charm. Haven't really read the book though, but I still enjoyed it and found it pretty fun and alright.

Personal rating: 7.0/10

Check out my social-network accounts for more cool stuff!
            

Share:

19 comments

  1. I've read the book but haven't watched the movie. I've seen the trailers though. I's quite alarming that some of the characters switched roles. hahaha. I don't know if watching the movie would be good for me. *fingers crossed*

    ReplyDelete
  2. It definitely is a fun movie. If you some special powers, what would like to have? Would you want to be invisible also and crave for eyeballs?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have read the book but haven't watched the movie yet. I've watched the trailer though and I don't understand why they have to switch Emma and Olive's peculiarity. There are already way too many changes in the trailer. I'm not really against changes but I hope the movie doesn't disappoint. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't watched the movie yet but I've heard a lot from my friends that the book is great, hopefully the movie would turn out fascinate me as it fascinated me when my friends told me about the book :) - Gee

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm not a fan of reading books but despite of this review I gonna watch it a week after the movie is released so i can gather more. I love the effects but hopefilly the story too..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Ramz,
    I like how honest you are in writing a movie review. This seems to be an interesting movie to watch, though I constantly have this personal issue when I watch movie in the movie theater. Instead of watching, I invariably end up sleeping until I open my eyes and it says THE END.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Okay.. Invisible monsters that eat eyeballs are kinda not my thing. Haha I can hide now. But good thing you mentioned it's less gothic. I'm curious to know what that means. Lol

    ReplyDelete
  8. I haven't watched the movie yet although I have read the book. I was able to watch the trailer and it looks like there were several characters describe differently in the book compared to the trailer. I guess it's a way to make things more trivial though. Hehe

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for the review. I heard from my friends that this movie is mehhhhh. I'd better download Sausage Party (since it's not showing in Cebu afaik) and watch it soon.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I didn't know much about this franchise. I think it looks like a different take on X-Men. Maybe I should give this a try.

    Thanks, #BoyPineapple!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I neither have read the book nor watched the movie but I think it's worth to watch but thanks for the review that I wouldn't expect that much.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am very curious about this story and I am not watching it until I've read the book. Hahaha. I actually just read through the last part to make sure I don't have a clue how it goes. I want surprise! Hahaha. And nope, haven't watched the trailer, either. Awesome review though and glad to know it has a slightly higher rating. :D

    ReplyDelete
  13. The (cute, because they're mostly kids) monsters in this movie are really unique! Interesting indeed! Can't wait to watch it! Idk if mag cinema ko or maghuwat nalang ug HD copy hoho! Jk! xD

    x, Kat of Nested Thoughts

    ReplyDelete
  14. Nice one Ramzyboi! I have not read the book, as they said that this movie was actually based from a novel or a book, I am not even sure where this is adapted. LOL. After watching it, for me it's a good movie, though not the best one, yet you will still have fun for sure. Those invisible monsters and the cool power of the peculiar children pull it off!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Haven't seen the movie but I love Eva Green so I think I'll watch it pretty soon. The trailer was nice but your review makes the trailer seems like it was sugar-coating the movie to make it palatable to the audience. Wachathink?

    Love,
    www.channelmarie.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks for the review. I haven't watch the movie nor read the book but they say a lot of things about it, like there's a big difference between the book and the movie. I'll watch it then soon..

    ReplyDelete
  17. I never had a chance in watching the movie but when do ill be enjoying it, i read about your review it looks like a great movie to watch.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I haven't read the book yet but looking at the movie 'as is' I would rate it a 5/5. I'm just waiting for How It Should Have Ended in YouTube to spoof it.

    ReplyDelete