RAMZY REVIEWS: "Jack Reacher: Never Stop Never Stopping"


Monotonously formulaic, Jack Reacher: Never Go Back is one action thriller sequel whose title also serves as a warning.
- Rotten Tomatoes
Alright! First off, I might've gone into this movie with way too much negativity because I was initially planning on watching "Kubo and The Two Strings". Been meaning to watch it for quite a while actually but just haven't had the time to. Only one mall was showing it so I went there earlier, headed straight to their cinemas--and lo and behold, the movie was nowhere to be found! After taking a few breathes to contain my internal screams, I reluctantly decided that since I was already there, I might as well watch something just so I can make a review. How bad could it be, right? Well it turns out it was bad. Not that much, but in the end, I didn't necessarily feel like I got my money's worth. 

Set four years after the events of the first film, Jack Reacher is returning to the headquarters of his old military unit. He comes to meet Major Susan Turner who has been working with him on solving cases across the country. Upon his arrival, he is informed that Turner is accused of espionage.

Image result for jack reacher never go back

Alright, so this probably takes the cake as being the most generic film I've seen all year. The two leads (Tom Cruise and Colby Smulders) were pretty good, but I was never really on the edge of my seat at any point of the movie at all-which for an action movie, isn't good news. Oh, and the kid was an annoying dipshit. So minus points there, I guess. Haha. Some of the dialog was pretty bad, too, as well as some badly done dubbing. I honestly can't think of a more generic middle-of-the-road movie in recent memory. It's not terrible, but nothing close to being any good as well. Just....okay. Meh.

Looking at the good stuff the movie has though, I actually thought the action was cool. The main villain felt like a decent match for Reacher and they did a nice job of setting up the final fight which, I thought, had one of the coolest finishing moves I've seen in a movie. And that is probably my favorite part of the film as a whole, and probably the only thing that stands out in my memory even after just a few hours of viewing. It wasn't great but wasn't horrible either. I'm kinda indifferent towards it. Might be because I caught it in a bad mood or something. 


"Jack Reacher: Never Go Back" is the kind of movie that critics most likely will not be fond of, but most people will enjoy. Nothing really groundbreaking, but it's a solid action flick nonetheless. Go watch it if you're a fan of the first one and are just looking for something to eat popcorn to.

Personal rating: 5.5/10

Check out my social-network accounts for more cool stuff!
            

Share:

17 comments

  1. I actually laughed when I read Rotten Tomatoes' review. Haha! This is a great review, maybe I'll just wait for my friends to have a copy of this. Hihi

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I'm gonna watch just because Robin Scherbatsky is the lead. LOL. I wanna see how different her role is and how she portrays it from that of HIMYM. LOL. And also, well Tom Cruise is still Tom Cruise. Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok. So I'll see this movie on my laptop na lang. Hahahahahahaha! What I like about Tom Cruise's movies are the running part. Dod he run in this movie? Hehe!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I seldom watch movies in the cinema because It used to be my bedroom whenever I get the chance to lean on the chair, especially if the movie is not really good. I imagine myself watching this, I'll surely fall into a mysterious slumber. Hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  5. Meh. Haha! I will then just watch this at home nalang..haha! Thanks for giving a heads up. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is exactly why I don't like watching these movies. Zzzz. Is "Kubo and the Two Strings" still in theatres? I wanna watch that. :(

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't watch movies as often as before mostly because there's barely any cinema that presents GREAT INDIE FILMS which are worthwhile. :(

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have not heard of these movie! But at least now I have something to look out for from the torrent site so the partner can have something new to watch. Bahahaha.

    And why is Tom Cruise not getting any older? Armf.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Not a movie fan when it comes to action films. I am more into Horror/Thriller and indie films. :) But my father is a fan of Tom Cruise, maybe I will let my father watch this and ask for his opinion. :)))

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm also seeing mixed reviews for this show. I'll check the first movie then see how well it connects.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have come to a point that I choose the movies I watch and peer rating is valuable to me. Well, so far, based on your rating, I might just pass this movie.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I was almost tempted to watch this movie. But reading your review made me thank myself that I didn't. Maybe I just wait for a DVD copy and watch it at home :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Haha. So i think I gonna wait and watch a clear copy of this.. From the review.. it looks like that you put your money to waste.. better to watch nalang guro sa dr.strange..

    ReplyDelete
  14. Good review. I didn't get the chance to watch the movie on cinema because #pineappletingbits. Will wait nalang for copies hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  15. Usually when I have a gut feeling about the movie, I wouldn't watch it. I even have a lot of stock movies on my laptop that I haven't watched yet because I'll only watch them when I want to so that I wouldn't be bias with what I'll say to my friends if ever they ask me if I have watched it. I'll take your word that it is not an over the top movie. Too bad. =(

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hahahah . Very lukewarm huh! I guess I'll put this flick on my DVD watch list. I'm curios with the finishing move .

    ReplyDelete
  17. Not quite my tempo but I'm not closing my eyes from still watching this soon! Haha! Pero gwapo jud si Tom Cruise bisag unsaon bahala dili kaayo nindot ang movie aw hahaha

    ReplyDelete