RAMZY REVIEWS: "Doctor Strange"


From Marvel comes Doctor Strange, the story of the world-famous neurosurgeon Dr. Stephen Strange whose life changes forever after a horrific car accident robs him of the use of his hands. When traditional medicine fails him, he is forced to look for healing, and hope, in an unlikely place -- a mysterious enclave known as Kamar-Taj. He quickly learns that this is not just a center for healing but also the front line of a battle against unseen dark forces bent on destroying our reality. Before long Strange -- armed with newly acquired magical powers -- is forced to choose whether to return to his life of fortune or leave it all behind to defend the world as the most powerful sorcerer in existence.


Without doubt, this has got to be the most visually-striking Marvel movie to date. The effects were just hands-down spectacular. Specially watching it in IMAX 3D. It's visually orgasmic. It's like looking at the world through a gigantic, magical, multi-dimension peering kaleidoscope. Absolutely stunning.  Quite specially when the movie really gets going with the weirdness and various forms of mind, space, and time-fuckery ensues. Haha. The action scenes are trippy, but not too hard to follow or anything. It had by far the most unique and original action sequences of any Marvel movie I've seen to date and I quite enjoyed Cumberbatch as Mister Doctor. He has the cool, snappy, arrogant demeanor that is reminiscent of Robert Downy Jr.'s Tony Stark. Also, Tilda Swinton as The Ancient One also stood out pretty well. 

Some issues regarding the movie that I noticed though, was first--the pacing. There were more than a few sequences that just felt weirdly paced or really rushed. And another thing, is that still, Marvel just can't make a memorable villain which is quite weird, really because it now spans across several movies with different writers and directors, yet the only truly memorable villain they've ever had was Loki. I really wish they'd address that issue and do something about it. Not that big of a complain though as I really did have a blast watching the movie.



Right now, I'm just looking forward to Marvel fully embracing the weirdness. Like magic and mulitverses are real dude, that's how it all works, deal with it. Also excited to see Strange interact with more of the heroes in the future films and how he'd get along with them. That would definitely be quite the sight I'm sure. If you can, definitely, DEFINITELY go watch it in IMAX 3D. It's probably the best movie I've seen in that format since "Avatar". The visual craziness that happens all throughout is just unparalleled as far as movies go, much less superhero ones.


 Personal rating: 8.5/10

Check out my social-network accounts for more cool stuff!
            


Share:

15 comments

  1. I am eyeing to watch this movie. We're planning to check this out tomorrow. Thanks for giving a quick summary and review on what to expect. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG can't wait for Yify to release a torrent. Bahahahaha! Seriously though I thought Dr. Strange was a villain. Is he? Sheesh. So many Marvel (and DC) characters to follow. I think the partner will love this one; I am not very fond of movies with action scenes (except..well..hahahhaa) because my poor eyes can't catch up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't watched movies in the past few months and I'm feeling so outdated. LOL. But I usually watch movies once the hype dies down. I'm def going to add this to my list. Sounds exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Like what I'm always telling, seeing movies in the cinema turned to be my bedroom, but I think this movie would be an interesting to watch and probably I won't be seeing myself sleeping. I might check this when I get the opportunity.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was supposed to watch this last friday, glad I didn't because this review convinced me to watch in 3D!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hangtod karon wala pa ko kita ani but suwayan nako tonight. IMAX dapat kay nindot kaayo ang mga reviews, including this one. Makasuya.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It was mind-blowing! Nagmahay jud ko nga dili 3D nako sya gi watch. It would have been more awesome. Mag expect jud ko mas nindot ang next ani nya haha

    ReplyDelete
  8. There are only a handful of movies that are worthy to be shown in IMAX theaters. THIS movie is definitely one of them!

    And oh, I've come to bargain. Haha.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! Great review. I don't usually watch movies frequently not unless there are invites from friends. This review made me want to watch it in 3D but I'm too busy now so maybe this can wait :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. i saw the trailer and i can say it was amazing! thanks for this review. maybe i will watch if i have time.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Seeing a lot of great reviews, from friends and through online about this movie. I am now sold. Though I'm not really a fan of sci-fi movies, but when I saw the trailer, it made me giddy for some reason. Def gonna watch it when I have a chance.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Finally! I now have a favorite movie! Been waiting for 31 years to put a number 1 movie in my life list. For me, the movie is not weird. It is what it is. We see it everyday. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Been wanting to watch this even if it would mean that I'm going alone sa IMAX! Also, the main character is Bomberjacket Cauliflower!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This activates my nerdgasm. I believe in the mathematical model that supports parallel and multiverses because it's exciting and it's mystifying! Imagine traveling to the edge of the universe and find another exact universe with different version of you.

    ReplyDelete
  15. A tale of fiction with great graphics will blow away any nerd's mind I guess. I really liked the subject matter of Dr. Strange but all in all it was just another great action movie for me. ;)

    ReplyDelete