RAMZY GOES TO: Puerto Princesa, Palawan


This was officially my very first solo far-away trip/vacation! And boy was it quite the adventure.
BS with the airline and my flights aside (and wow was there a lot), I'll just be going through the whole process of my vacation very quickly--how I booked my accommodation and the tour, how much it cost and the whole shebang. Note, everything was just in Puerto Princesa, the capital of Palawan. I would've very much loved to go to El Nido and Coron, but the days between my flight arriving and going back home were just way too close apart, and I personally felt like it wouldn't be that worth the trip to be there for a single day only. Specially when you count in the numerous amount of things that could go wrong during the whole thing. So I decided to keep it safe and not stray too far away. I definitely have plans of coming back, though. Even just seeing tiny bits of Kat's footage from there, I'd have to admit that I was a tiny bit jealous because of how gorgeous the place looked. But anyway, my time will come, and I'll get to see and document that place for myself!

So first! After getting to the Puerto Princesa during the evening of Thursday, I had a quick dinner at a restaurant near the airport, then headed straight to the Holiday Suites which was the hotel that I booked a few weeks before my trip. They also pretty much handled everything pertaining to my stay there. And at a very reasonable price at that!

Holiday Suites, Holiday Suites Puerto Princesa, holiday suites hotel, holiday suites hotel & resort palawan, holiday suites palawan contact

It basically consisted of:
 - 2 nights stay at the hotel at one of their Standard Rooms (room was kinda small, but was fine)
 - Buffet breakfast (every day)
 - Complete tour of Puerto Princesa (they even gave me an itinerary for the whole thing in advance)
   The tour basically consisted of a city tour, underground river tour, and an island hopping tour for       each separate day. All including buffet lunches!
 - Pickup and dropoff to the airport
And the whole thing only costed my around 5-6k. Which is quite cheap considering how much was included in the package and how convenient it was all for me in the end. I basically just had to pay the hotel, and they pretty much took care of everything!


So I didn't really get to go to the city tour during day one, because my flight arrived in the evening of what was supposed to be day one (they took off around 500.00 of what I had to pay since I wasn't able to attend the city tour). Instead, after getting to the hotel, I got well-rested, and woke up pretty early to start of my first tour, which was to the Underground River! 

The Sabang Wharf
Around 1-2hrs of travel by land from the city proper, you arrive at the Sabang Wharf, you'll be hopping onto a motor boat that will take you to the bay heading to the Underground River itself.
puerto princesa underground river, puerto princesa underground river tour, puerto princesa underground river blog
Coastline going to the Underground River
After you get off the boat, there will be a quick trek towards a forest area that contains wildlife such as monkeys, monitor lizards, and some exotic birds! Unfortunately, with the not-so good weather during our trip there, there were no animals to be found nearby. Still really dope to feel one with nature though!


When you finally finish the trail and get to the water that leads to the 1-2km sprawl of the Underground River itself. And while the river actually runs for around 5-8km more, but the rest is set as an environmental reservation area saved only for actual research and isn't open for the public.

puerto princesa underground river, puerto princesa underground river tour, puerto princesa underground river blog
The entrance to the Underground River
This is where I tell you that whatever photo I will be posting below inside the caves will so not do it justice. First, because I don't really have a proper camera that could take decent photos in low-light. Second, the place is...utterly fascinating. It's one of those "you have to be there" things where it's almost magical when you're going through it in person. One way I would describe it is that it felt like being in an alien planet. Definitely try to visit it if you have the ability to do so. It is no surprise why it's one of the "7 Wonders of The World".

puerto princesa underground river, puerto princesa underground river tour, puerto princesa underground river blog

puerto princesa underground river, puerto princesa underground river tour, puerto princesa underground river blog
A rock formation that is said to resemble the nativity scene.
puerto princesa underground river, puerto princesa underground river tour, puerto princesa underground river blog

puerto princesa underground river, puerto princesa underground river tour, puerto princesa underground river blog

The day after was my schedule for the second tour, which was the Honda Bay Island Hopping. It's around 20-30mins of travel from the city, you arrive at Honda Bay, which is the starting point of the 3-island tour that was set for that day. 



Although I did go to three different islands and did a lot of swimming, I didn't really take much pictures, because it was too wet to take out my phone in the water even with the protective pouch that I have for it. But I did take a bunch of footage on my Xiaomi cam though! Check out the video below!


Trusty video sidekick!
And lastly, here's my quick video of the whole trip! Hope you check it out! :D


Check out my social-network accounts for more cool stuff!

   

Tags:

Share:

11 comments

  1. awesome.. though it looks like your bored in your video..opps!!! hahaha.... nice travel!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, looking back at it now, I kinda did look a bit off. But that was probably more of being conscious at smiling at the camera in front of all those people than me being bored, because I really did have a blast! And thanks for checking it out! :D

      Delete
  2. Delays are a surefire bummer but I'm happy to know everything went well in the end. Kudos to your vlog as well!

    xo Anne of "Anne's Scribbles and Doodles"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww makasuya kaayo mo ni Kat! Hehehe! Hopefully makaadto sad ko puhon! Anyway, how much ang Xiaomi? :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ram, I know why you look bored! Bitaw, anyway, I have the same question with Janine. How much is the Xiaomi and how did it fare? :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing sand art you caught on camera there. Puerto Princesa is <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! Makasuya uy! I really really wanna go to Palawan jud. :( Nice angles sa vlog! Very unique. :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow,I'm reading several Palawan related blogs and each on gives me a different snippet of the place..although everything talks about praises of this paradise. I'll surely visit one of these days, God willing..

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have been meaning to go to Palawan though I am always scared of the idea of travellingalone. But since I have stumbled upon your blog and have read that it's fine, might as well try NOW.

    XO, sarahladeza.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I honestly like your video! Pero mas nindot jud sa El Nido! Hahahahha :P

    x, Kat of Nested Thoughts

    ReplyDelete
  10. love ur blog/vlog teach me please aheee :( <3

    ReplyDelete