RAMZY REVIEWS: "The Legend of Tarzan"

the legend of tarzan, the legend of tarzan full movie, the legend of tarzan review, the legend of tarzan movie review, the legend of tarzan movie, the legend of tarzan download, the legend of tarzan full movie 2016, the legend of tarzan cast,

Years after leaving the jungle and settling down with his wife Jane (Margot Robbie) in London, Tarzan (Alexander Skarsgård) is forced to return to the Congo in order to act as a trade representative for England. However, he soon clashes with a greedy Belgian captain (Christoph Waltz) who has sinister plans for his old home.

So, going in, I was expecting this to be much, much worse. I pretty much chose to see it just because, and before that, actually had no desire whatsoever to even see it, really. But even then, I ended up enjoying myself quite a bit despite having almost no interest going in. It really is a fun, well made action adventure movie with some beautiful landscapes, good action scenes, and some decent acting from everyone. I was quite fond of all the jungle stuff involving the animals. I found the world-building to be pretty immersive.

the legend of tarzan, the legend of tarzan full movie, the legend of tarzan review, the legend of tarzan movie review, the legend of tarzan movie, the legend of tarzan download, the legend of tarzan full movie 2016, the legend of tarzan cast,

Robbie was great as Jane, Jackson was great comic relief, Waltz was a solid villain, and even Djimon Hounsou shined through in his limited screen time. Skarsgard as Tarzan was probably the weakest of the cast, but managed to redeem himself over by the end of the film. Another thing that I found impressive was how most characters were actually not two-dimensiona and for the most part were actually pretty interesting. It's score on RottenTomatoes is way too low in my humble opinion. I thought it was pretty damn good for what it was. 

the legend of tarzan, the legend of tarzan full movie, the legend of tarzan review, the legend of tarzan movie review, the legend of tarzan movie, the legend of tarzan download, the legend of tarzan full movie 2016, the legend of tarzan cast,

And although I would recommend as a fun, well made, entertaining blockbuster. It still does have its lapses. For one, I think the film could've been much better if it had a more fun to it. I feel like it just took itself way to seriously by removing the high adventure and replacing it with talky-drama.
The cast was fine but the story was kind of lame. The CGI was a bit bad considering the budget that this movie had going for it. And it lacked the action that you'd greatly expect from a Tarzan film. That being said. I'd like to reiterate my previous statement, that this movie is still quite an enjoyable and decently-made action-adventure film.

Personal rating: 5.3/10 

Check out my social-network accounts for more cool stuff!

   

Share:

0 comments