BLOGGER FEATURETTE #2: MELANIE MANSO & KAREN LECHOCO OF FUELEDBYCAFFEINE.NET



For the second installment of my "Blogger Featurette" series (part one can be found right here), I will be highlighting the gals who run Fueled By Caffeine! They're best buds and their blog helps people discover new places to go to and new restaurants to try. They also share their adventures in the blogosphere as well as bits of their life here in Cebu, Philippines. Only one of the duo has taken part in the DigitalPro Bootcamp actually and is a member of the Cebu Blogging Community--and that's Mel, but with their blog being a joint-venture between the two, we figured it would be only right if they both took turns in answering my questions. Being co-bootcampers, we both have goals and aspirations that we hope this bootcamp could help us in achieving in the near future. It would be easy to assume that theirs would be to become Cebu's top and best lifestyle blog and along with that--become Cebu's leading lifestyle bloggers. Which would be pretty rad, right? We all have a long road ahead of us, but we have to keep up the hardwork and try to live life to its fullest at the same time. As they said it themselves: 

Smile every chance you get. Not because life has been easy, perfect, or exactly as you had anticipated, but because you choose to be happy and grateful for all the good things you do have and all the problems you know you don’t have."

Anyhow, now that we've had some background on them, it's time to move along to the questions that I got to ask them! Same as the previous one, I've asked them what their favorite movies, TV shows, games, and books are, and some details as to why the love the things that they listed.

Melanie's Favorites: 

MOVIE: "Letters to Juliet"
"I enjoy and repeatedly watch movies that can take you places. It inspires me to save up and travel the world.  I'm talking about movies like Mamma Mia, P.S. I Love You and Letters to Juliet. The latter is my favorite. Watching that movie gives me a glimpse of the beautiful Italian scenery and makes me wish I could just get on a plane and fly to Verona to leave a letter for Juliet.
This is my favorite line from the movie that is instilled in my heart word-for-word: "What" and "If" are two words as non-threatening as words can be. But put them together side-by-side and they have the power to haunt you for the rest of your life: What if? What if? What if?"

TV SHOW: "Game of Thrones"
"The TV show, Game of Thrones, is named after the first book in the Song of Ice and Fire series by author George R.R. Martin. It will keep you on your toes, wondering what’s going to happen next. The plot twists are unexpected and surprising even when you’ve already read the book(s). The compelling characters are constantly evolving. Just make sure you don’t get attached to any of them too much because… they don’t last.  I promise you, this series will never bore you."

GAME: "Sudoku"
"I have a love-hate relationship with addictive mobile games. They are really fun but at the same time they distract me from being productive and sociable. That’s why I minimize installing them and prefer games on paper like Sudoku. Sudoku offers a relaxing way to take a break from computer and mobile screens. I believe it helps keep your brain healthy and is actually fun for all ages. I started playing this game back in high school.  Sometimes, I ask my boyfriend, Carl, to print samurai Sudoku puzzles from samurai-sudoku.com. If there’s anyone else who’s interested in solving puzzles like this, let’s be friends!"

BOOK: "The Happiness Project" by Gretchen Rubin
"If you like reading endless quotes and tips that can make a happy life happier, then this book is a must-read. Most of it are reminders that we need to focus on happiness all the time, to spread it, and be near people who spread it too. Just reading the book will make you happier. So much “happiness” in a paragraph."

Karen's Favorites: 

MOVIE: "Stuck In Love"
"I never get tired of watching this indie movie. What led me to the movie was my then crushing on Nat Wolff. Then I found out that Jennifer Connelly, Lily Collins, and Logan Lerman were there as well, so I HAD to watch it. Aside from a beloved cast, what I like the most is the "slice of life" feel of the movie. Each actor's performance was very candid, and every character has some relatable level to them. The storyline is light, but realistic. "

TV SHOW: "How I Met Your Mother"
"This show has got my taste of humor. It gives me those sudden, unexpected, and hearty laughs that I really love. I enjoy everything about it even though the ending was a bit of downer. I can't recall exactly how I started watching the show. Maybe just by browsing for popular shows. But I got on the HIMYM bandwagon around its fifth season. "

GAME: "Jenga"
"I can't explain why I love this game. I just enjoy the sense of danger of the tower collapsing, and how it can be a chill game or become a very competitive one. I was introduced to this game through videos online and I realized I really wanted to try it myself. I finally got the chance to play it when I visited a certain coffee shop that has these board games and everything. I admit I got a little competitive at some point. I'm still hunting around shops to see where I can buy one. Suggestions?"

BOOK: "The Chronicles of Narnia"

"Ever since "The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe" movie came out, I've always had a soft spot for all things Narnia. The lessons and quotes of the books are timeless. The books have really captured the child in me, resonated with me, and has stuck with me throughout the years. I haven't finished reading all the books yet, but I intend to do so within the year. Thankfully, I won't have to carry my omnibus around, thanks to Melanie swapping her box set for it. Now I only have to bring around one book at a time!"

I guess it's pretty safe to say how cool these girls are judging by their personal tastes. Definitely check out them out! Also, this is the second-straight time that someone's favorite show is "Game of Thrones" which I find awesome. Haha! And once again, to check out more from these hip ladies, visit FueledByCaffeine.net. Also, you can follow them on their other social-networking accounts at: 


Follow me:
   

Share:

0 comments