FLICK #1: "Fruitvale Station " - 52 FLICKS FOR 52 WEEKS

"Based on the true story of Oscar Grant III, a 22-year-old Bay Area resident, who crosses paths with friends, enemies, family, and strangers on the last day of 2008."


It's been a long time since I have cried during a movie, "Fruitvale Station" had me in tears during the end. It is definitely along with some of the most powerful movies I have seen and I highly recommend it right off the bat.

This movie really hit me hard. it wasn't really as much of a tear-jerker as some of the movies I've seen. But the way it was presented and executed was just so...real that by the time it ended, I felt like I've just said farewell to a dear friend who I'll probably never see again. And not in a very good way either. This movie was just so honest. It felt very real and genuine. And that's thanks to Michael B. Jordan's amazing performance plus Ryan Coogler's stellar directing (they both pair up again in "Creed"!). It's too bad this movie didn't even get an Oscar nod back in 2013 because it totally deserved one. For his performance in it at least. But the guy is really on the road to becoming a superstar specially after the success of "Creed" as far as I'm concerned. I wish the best for him because I'm a big fan of the dude. 

"Fruitvale Station" tore me up to see how great a person he was in the movie however imperfect, and to see how he got treated later. And to have the movie end and to know that this is  actually all real, and it happens every day... It's quite a lot to take in and ponder upon. And it will leave you sitting still in your thoughts once the credits start rolling as it did for me. 

Great, great movie. And also a very sad one at that. I could not move for a good minute after the movie ended because I just couldn't stop thinking and getting sad by the reality of it all. It was so incredibly powerful and just an all-around fantastic movie. I'll put it on the list of the best movies I will probably never watch again. It's amazing. But it'll just be too much. 8.5 /10




Plus, here's some scores from RT and IMDB for you guys:




   


Share:

0 comments