14 MUST-WATCH ROMANTIC MOVIES


So I guess it's Valentine's Day, the most love-filled day of the year, and totally not a manufactured "holiday" by certain industries to sell more chocolates, flowers, wines, stuffed toys and what have you. I don't know if it's blatantly obvious as I'm trying to make it, but I've never really been the biggest fan of this celebration because I believe and subscribe to the notion that you shouldn't really need a specific day to show your affection to your loved one. But that being said, even though I may be an asshole, I still happen to be quite aware of the fact which is why I still do my best to make up for it. In this case, I still play along with the celebration, but in my own way. Whether it's to cook up a lovely dinner, get a super-thoughtful and personal gift, or in this case, just getting all comfy and putting up a great romantic movie to get yourselves in the lovey-dovey spirit, I definitely have my own approach towards celebrating Valentine's. Below, are fourteen romantic movies, some romantic-comedy, some pure romance and drama. All of which are quality films on their own, with the added bonus of being fit for this post's theme!

14. Casablanca



"In Casablanca, Morocco in December 1941, a cynical American expatriate meets a former lover, with unforeseen complications."



13. Before Sunrise / Sunset / Midnight (Before Trilogy)

"A celebrated three-part romance which captures a relationship as it begins, begins again, deepens, and strains over the course of almost two decades. Chronicling the love of Celine (Julie Delpy) and Jesse (Ethan Hawke), from their first meeting as idealistic twenty-somethings to the disillusionment they face together in middle age."


12. When Harry Met Sally



"Harry and Sally have known each other for years, and are very good friends, but they fear sex would ruin the friendship."



11. Punch-Drunk Love



"A psychologically troubled novelty supplier is nudged towards a romance with an English woman, all the while being extorted by a phone-sex line run by a crooked mattress salesman, and purchasing stunning amounts of pudding."



10. Love Actually

"Follows the lives of eight very different couples in dealing with their love lives in various loosely interrelated tales all set during a frantic month before Christmas in London, England."


9. Amelie

"Amélie is an innocent and naive girl in Paris with her own sense of justice. She decides to help those around her and, along the way, discovers love."


8. Her

"A lonely writer develops an unlikely relationship with an operating system designed to meet his every need."


7. The Princess Bride

"While home sick in bed, a young boy's grandfather reads him a story called The Princess Bride."


6. Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind

"When their relationship turns sour, a couple undergoes a procedure to have each other erased from their memories. But it is only through the process of loss that they discover what they had to begin with."


5. 500 Days of Summer

"An offbeat romantic comedy about a woman who doesn't believe true love exists, and the young man who falls for her."


4. About Time

"At the age of 21, Tim discovers he can travel in time and change what happens and has happened in his own life. His decision to make his world a better place by getting a girlfriend turns out not to be as easy as you might think."


3. Crazy, Stupid, Love.

"A middle-aged husband's life changes dramatically when his wife asks him for a divorce. He seeks to rediscover his manhood with the help of a newfound friend, Jacob, learning to pick up girls at bars."


2. La La Land

"A jazz pianist falls for an aspiring actress in Los Angeles."


1. Deadpool

"The greatest love story of our time, featuring a fast-talking mercenary with a morbid sense of humor is subjected to a rogue experiment that leaves him with accelerated healing powers and a quest for revenge."

I hope you can take the time to check these movies out as they truly evoke some serious feels for you and your partner--or even if you're alone--to enjoy! 

Check out my social-network accounts for more cool stuff!
            

Tags:

Share:

5 comments

  1. Hmm.... There are some movies I'd like to add to this list and some others I don't agree with. But hey, that's just me :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel like I'm the only girl nga dli kaayo ganahan ug romantic movies kay mu cringe ko most of the time. Haha! I'm a weirdo. But I got to watch some of the movies on this list. La La Land is currently one of the best for me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Deadpool as a romantic movie? Hahahahaha. La La Land is 5/5 <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. I find "Her" as a creepy movie actually. Lol But 500 Days of Summer is 100/10. Hahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Not really into romantic movies, well don't believe me totally. I like romantic movies but not super like. Lala land ... City of stars.. Yes, I would agree with Sean, "Her" is a bit weird and creepy..

    ReplyDelete